We are looking for a Translator Specialist to interpret written and audio pieces in Arabic, Indonesian, English, and languages. Make sure to maintain their original meaning, format, and tone including reading and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work.
To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in Arabic and Indonesian languages in addition to English language.
Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
- Reading material and researching industry-specific terminology.
- Converting text and audio recordings in one language to one or more others.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations.
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling, and punctuation accuracy.
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs.
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure).
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices.
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter, or similar role.
- Fluency in at least Arabic, and Indonesian in addition to your English language.
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Good knowledge of content editing tools.
- Familiarity with translation software.
- Time-management skills.
- Graduation/Post Graduation in translation, Interpreting, or similar field.
- Additional certification in linguistics is a plus.